Sunday, February 05, 2006

Chinese New Year 2006

So, this is the day we've all been waiting for. The day we all will finally visit Pastor's house once again. What a long time it's been. 3 whole years. And probably the happiest person to be there was Jireh, who was craving for the Ayam Buah Keluak.

And so the day began with me being deprived of sleep. I slept at 5.30am and woke up at 7am. Sin Eng came at 7.30 to pick up the cake for the visit later. Was a surprise for the people whose birthdays fall in February.

Was kinda reluctant to get out of my bed to go to church. Considering I only had 1 hour plus of sleep, and I was just thinking what if Pastor had some sermon with 4 points, and 4 further sub-points..

But I got going and got ready to bathe when..

My top was not ironed!! So because Mun was not around, I decided to iron it myself and got it done fast. I was getting late, it was already 8.30am. Went to bathe, then gel my hair, followed by putting on my top and spraying my Tommy Hilfiger True Star Men. Lolx.

Got out of the house in a hurry, and didn't have my breakfast. Took a cab down to church which was very quick, thanks to the uncle. I think he was malay. Got to church and it was packed!! Hardly could find a seat and Jeslin was stopping me from taking the back rows. And just nice John came, and suggested we sit in the front row. Something new for me, but I figured it would be better than not being able to see my handsome Pastor's face from the back row.

And so service thankfully was not very long. 3 points and 3 sub-points. And interestingly, I survived the entire sermon without wanting to fall asleep. Guess Aunty Anna was doing a good job getting me to focus. And here are some photos I took in church.

Look how packed it was.















John and Jonathan















And after service, Andy held a Music Ministry meeting for those involved. And guess what? He was breathing down on me. It was madness. Hot air keeps on blowing in my face, and randomly some drops of 'love' came down too..

We got on the really small bus that was to take us to Pastor's house. And for the first time in 3 years, it was packed. I didn't even have a seat. So what did I do? I took out my cam and started snapping.















And guess who we spotted just on the way out?




















It was the Huan Family!

The ride wasn't exactly smooth, considering there was this guy who wanted me to un-button my whole shirt.. And his reason?

Guy: I just want to see you with the shirt un-buttoned. 5 sec and I'll be done..

Yea right. =.=''' Well, other than talking nonsense, I was busy getting photogenic pics of a certain duo, who made the photo-taking super tough.

And so anyway, we finally got to Blk 268! Everyone got down and some wished the bus-driver Gong Xi Fa Cai. And Jireh just had to suggest some customary tradition of singing the CNY song when we were entering Pastor's house. And Jireh actually got it wrong. It's on the 18th floor not the 13th floor Jireh..

Look at the long queue of people!















And when we entered, the house was so packed. If you compare this amount of people to 3 years ago, I can say we doubled in numbers. Praise the Lord!

Goodies for one and all




















And who can forget Coco, the famous Persian




















And after getting aquainted with the place, and everyone getting so intimate with Coco, it was time for makan! And man, the queue was so horribly long.. And yes, Cheryl loves to pose.




















And of course! The food Jireh has been waiting a month for! Ayam Buah Keluak, specially made with love from our very own, Pastor Simon!















And after food, it was time for play. Sadly, Taboo didn't even last half an hour. I guess Cranium still owns..




















And some of the youths had their tongues given a make-over. One example was Rayne, who decided on a dark blue for his.




















What's in that cup?!?! Saliva?!?!

Sin Eng came with the cake and we got those who were born in February to come around it. We sang the o' so famous Happy Birthday song, and they blew out the candle afterwards. Now, what a good response we got. All of the mouth-watering Oreo Cheesecake was finished. Too bad Janine, who ask you la! Don't come back one day earlier..

Oh yea, and presenting..


Cute Dudes

Jonathan Tan
















Jerald Khoo
















Jerome Lee





















Joash





















John




















Arent't they all simply adorable? Well, that's not the right word.. But you get what I mean yea? I stayed on for dinner after the rest left, and had a great talk with Aunty Anna and Pastor. Really seemed like another family talk. Man, how I treasure these times.

Dinner was made up of all the leftover food from the afternoon and the Buah Keluak. Had a great time chatting with them both. And let me ask you guys? Have you guys seen the crappy side of our Pastor. I don't even think you would believe me if I said..

Pastor: So all you remembered in the sermon today was Kentucky's story? Didn't you find the sermon familiar?
Me: The Kentucky story you told us in Youth before what.. And this sermon has not been preached before right?
Pastor: This was the exact same sermon I preached in Youth 3 weeks back Peter. And so, you only remembered the Kentucky story la..
Me: Really?!?! How come I have no recollection? And the youths didn't seem like this sermon was familiar..
Pastor: Now I know who's listening in Youth..

- after a while -

Pastor: So, all you can remember in my sermon is Kentucky drove a truck and passed through the chickens, thus making them finger-lickin-good?
Anna: *Laughs Out Loud*
Me: =.='''

- after yet another while -

Me: So.. Pastor.. What made you give up the 'many' girlfriends in your life before Aunty Anna?
Pastor: Cos I wanted to marry Aunty Anna.
Me: Yea right.. *rolls eyes*
Anna: Oh.. So you say he shouldn't give them up for me la..
Me: When did Aunty Anna start crapping too..

It was a great time of great laughter, crapping, and fellowship. I miss this side of Pastor so much. I think the last time we had such a good laugh was 3-4 years back? When Pastor craps, none on earth can fathom..

Well, it was a great day. And I thank God for all He's done for us. Thanks for your words on the red packet Aunty Anna, it meant alot. I appreciate it.

So, it's going to be a new week! Hope you guys have a blessed week ahead!

God Bless!