Saturday, February 18, 2006

Details about the wake

Before I go any further, I would like to notify you guys about the wake of Pam, Cheryl, and Rachel's Grandma. As you guys might already know, their beloved grandma passed on to be with the Lord last night. Let's all be here for them, let us all be a pillar of support ya?

Singapore Casket (Regency Room)
Formerly known as John Hochstadt Building
131 Lavender Street
Singapore 338737
(click here for the map)

And so, let's talk about what I did today. Firstly, I was woken up by Ben's sms, asking me about my email because he was signing us up for the DotA competition on Monday. Going to look forward to seeing the good versus the better (us).

Haha. And another message came Jonathan asking me about the wake. Took me some time before finally got hold of the details from Pastor. Thanks Pastor. And asked Jon if he wanted to meet earlier for dinner.

The impossible happened. He said YES.

Took me so much just to finally get to meet you Jon.. So he decided on Orchard, 3.30pm. But knowing Jon, I was kind of expecting him to 'fly my kite'. And thankfully, he didn't. Amazing. Ok, good job there Jon, please keep it up ya?

So met him at around 4pm. Can't believe he really came straight from school. Wearing his uniform and all, and tucking out. Yea, when was the last time I remembered I wore school uniform. Hahaha.

Got some food and went to a quiet corner, sat down and had our food. 1A curry puffs and Yakitori. Really good stuff. Chatted a lot, caught up with his life, because we haven't talked for a long time. Got to know more about school, family, and personal stuff. Really good to know you're doing great Jon. And of course, the usual crapping and joking around. Great time we had today.


































So we talked and talked for almost 1 half hours. Arranged to meet Ben at Lavender MRT station before going for the wake. He drove, so we agreed he would pick us up at Lavender then I would tell him how to get there.

We ended our chat there at around 6. Got down to the basement of Taka to buy some food. Proceeded to Orchard to take our train, and then suddenly both of us didn't talk for some time. And it seemed like a long time. Guess both of us had things on our minds.

So we were there early. Supposed time was 6.45, and we were there at 6.35. Decided to walk around a bit and sat down at the entrance of some Community Club. And then chatted again. Hahahaha. This time, Jon found out more about me, and what I've been doing.

Ben was so so late. He came at 7.05pm due to heavy traffic. Drove us there as I directed. Only a 2 minutes drive? Lolx. And so we arrived and talked to Cheryl, Pam, and Rachel. They seemed pretty alright, laughing a lot and all those stuff. So it's good to know they were prepared for their grandma to pass on.

Went for dinner at Lavender Food Centre. The famous Beef Kway Teow. Scrumptious. The 'liao' is more than the kway teow itself. And it's extremely filling if you got the $4 portion. Well worth every cent though.

Ben















Jon















And Jon played around with my cam















I really look like I was wearing school uniform. Really similar to ITE uniform. But I think it looks real good. I like the colour and stiff collar.

Went to play lan at Paradiz after dinner. Parted with Jon there, because he can't enter with uniform. And he wanted to go home anyway. Had a good game where 4 of the 5, in Team Dunamis, was there. A really good training game.

Me - Vengeful Spirit
Ken - Sniper
Ben - Dragon Knight
Aaron - Treant Protector
some other guy (supposed to be Andy) - Viper

VERSUS

Shawn (Ivy's Friend) - Lion
His Cousin - Spirit Breaker
3rd guy - Pudge
4th guy - Stealth Assasin
5th guy - Lightning Revenant

Ben sent me home. Really tired now. Going to rest early so that we can wake up early to train tomorrow morning. Followed by Drama Rehearsals in the afternoon, and then maybe I'll be going for the wake again tomorrow night. Take care guys!