Thursday, February 16, 2006

Met Ken then Isaac

And it's 5.45am in the morning. You guys are about to wake up for school, and here I am finding it so tough to sleep. Too much on my mind I guess. Haha.

Well, what did I do just now. Firstly, around the late afternoons, Ken asked me out for dinner. I was extremely reluctant to bathe, change, style my hair etc. I really didn't want to. But how often does a friend ask me out? Quite rarely, in fact. So I agreed.

Met him at 6.30pm, Tampines Interchange. Went to Tampines to walk around a bit and checked out the new stores that are now here. Amazing at how much they've improved Tampines Mall, not that it was ever bad. Just that, now it's fabulous.

Decided on PastaMania for dinner. Yes, call me rich or whatever, but I chose the cheapest I could find. Creamy Chicken Pasta, and Ken had Marinara (Seafood) Pasta. Both of us had good choices.




















Walked around a bit and chatted about life in general. Was good to catch up with my bro here. And like I said, I am so impressed with Tampines Mall now. Why?

1. Converse is renovated
2. There's TakoPachi
3. There's YakiTori
4. There's BreadTalk

And a lot more. The toilets were super nice smelling and clean. There were so many new restaurants. A pity the 77th, yet again, didn't have the wraist accessory design I'm dying to get. There are major companies like Starhub, and Singtel. Ok, I sound like I'm really promoting Tampines Mall..

Anyways, after walking a bit, we decided to head home. Ken wanted to go home and do some studying. As we approached the Bus Interchanged, I practically gasped.

The queue for 72 was extremely long. And without kidding, at least 80 people in the queue. I would have to wait for the next 2 buses before I can even board. I couldn't believe my eyes. The queue was extended all the way to the next berth. Bleah.

And just then, Ken just had to make a stupid suggestion.

Ken: Come my house, want?
Me: =.=

Guess what? I agreed. I couldn't be bothered to spend time waiting for some 72 bus home. And since I had the time, might as well drop by his place to watch the 9pm, Channel 8 show. His parents were away on holiday, and his brother was still in school. I wanted to see WoW anyway.

And see it, I did.















I think I might just get it (WoW) within the course of the year. Great graphics, great sound, great characters. And just as I was watching, the main door clicked.

Ben: I hear a very familiar voice!
Me: HaHAHAhAHaha!!
Ken: =.=

And within seconds, we were discussing about the DotA competition coming up this monday. Would be cool man! Imagine us winning the $1500!! $300 a person!! How cool is that?!?!

And as Ken continued WoW-ing, me and Ben were busy watching the 9pm show. I was talking to Jerome at the same time trying to concentrate on the show. Was quite a feat.




















And guess what was on Channel 5 after the 9pm show? It was 'A Light Affair'. A new reality speed dating program. Was cool to know the first 2 celebrities on the show were Fiona Xie and Howard from Eye for a Guy. And the show was hosted by Kui Jien, and rumoured girlfriend, Sarah Tan. Someone please verify.

Fiona Xie















Howard















Well, I was so very tempted to stayover at Ken's place, but because I promised Isaac to go Night Riding with him, I had to head home. Isaac was chatting with me on the phone all the way till I reached my doorstep.

He arrived at my void deck around 12.30am, and then we decided to head somewhere further for riding. If you guys don't know why these 2 dorks are riding so late at night.. It's because we want to keep fit and cycle on the road without much traffic.

BUT!!

Not even 5 minutes into the journey, my gears failed me. So I kind of pushed my way through all the way home to get my WD40, a lubricant. And thank goodness it worked. Finally, we could set off for Serangoon.

And because my tyres felt flat, we decided to stopover at Mobil Station to pump it up. Apparently, Isaac kind of pushed the entrance for the air to enter further into the tyre, making it impossible to pump. The very nice uncle then came to help us get it out. But to no avail.

- 15 minutes passed -

Still couldn't get it out even with pliers. I've had it. I prayed for God to give me strength. The uncle had to attend to a customer. Grabbing hold on the pliers, I believed that I could do it. And guess what? With very little strength, no kidding, I got it out!! Thank you Lord!! The uncle came back and couldn't believe it. Isaac was stunned too.

Isaac: How did you do it?
Me: I prayed for strength lor..
Isaac: Wow.
Me: God's Strength ma.. (pun intended)

Wow, talk about obstacles. We had so much problems just wanting to get to Serangoon. And thankfully, we let nothing get in our way. We were determined.

I lead, and Isaac followed. I decided to go against traffic, he was terrified but he had no choice but to follow. Haha. And we ate at the famous prata place, after taking so much time to get there. But we were thankful we made it.




















Ah, the delicious durian prata awaits. Talked quite a bit, and was well worth the tedious and almost impossible journey.

After supper at 2.30am, we decided to head home. Both of us were feeling tired already, and so we decided on the very tough, but shorter route home. We survived it. Peter has good stamina!!

And so we parted at my place. It was a great night of riding. I was glad we set our hearts to do it and finish it. Learnt a great lesson.

"When will you let God take the wheel?
When will you learn to trust when the road seems hard?
Will you learn to persevere?
Have you learnt to press on?"

These were a few of the questions I faced when I rode. Riding to me is more than just losing weight. It's about the time you spend thinking, and the wind in your face when you ride. It feels too good to be true. Anyone want to join us the next time round? Haha.

Time to sleep, it's 6.20am. Bad Peter Bad..