Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Penny for my Thoughts

Just a weird thought that came to my mind today. Do we really appreciate the people around us as much as we want to?

When was the last time I said 'I love you' to my mom?
When was the last time I said 'I love you' to my dad? (Gordon of course)
When was the last time I said 'thank you for your friendship' to my friends?

Do we tend to overlook all these precious words that can lift people up? Simple words with heartfelt meanings. Have we forgotten to love?

So today, this post is for all those special people in my life.

Andy and Charlene, thanks for being my 1st 2 friends in Dunamis Rock. Thank you for loving me and nurturing me. Thank you both for guiding me along, for all the calls we had, and how you always took me out. Those were precious moments.

Isaac, thank you for being my best friend. For always lending me your ears to let me go on endlessly about things I have problems with. Thank you for loving me, for being there for me. Though we had bad times, and times that I shun you, I want you to know that I really love you brother. Thank you for your friendship.

Ben, wonderful listener. Probably the one to listen so much when I blabber. Haha, and the only one who could endure my nonsense when I entered youth. Thanks for the talk, the outings, the sharings. Thank you for taking time to understand. Thank you for always wanting to know how my life is.

Gina, thank you for being such a dear. For all the times we shared talking on the phone, for the disappointments I've caused you, the hurt, the pain.. Forgive me. I love you Gina. You're such a darling in my life. It's always so fun to talk to you, because you always make me so joyful. Don't let it fade away. Be a blessing to all the people you know, I know you are to me.

Jerald, you were the first youth I wanted to reach out to. Thank you for accepting the friendship. Now, how did we get started? Oh yes, the Church Camp. Thanks for bunking with me, and listening to me on the first night when I was so down. I see the potential you have. Oh yea, and we shared so much 'love' aye? *winks*

Jerome, thanks for being such a bro. Thanks for your friendship. For all the talks we had, the arguments, the cold-wars. Thanks for sharing with me what you felt deep down, for opening up and letting me help. Remember to always keep smiling. I love you bro.

EQ, my twin bro seperated from birth! Haha. Thanks for being such a joy to me. For giving me smiles. For giving me reason to be happy. You never fail to put a smile on my face! And I really am impressed at how you always seem so happy. Love ya bro.

Kenneth!! The ex-member of the mickey mouse/brinjal clubs. Haha. Thanks for always wanting to meet me, though I most of the time fail you. Thanks for being such an understanding. I guess I shouted at you the most among all my friends, guess I really suck huh.. But I really love ya bro. I love talking to you, I love meeting you. I love you.

Aunty Anna. Thank you. For everything. For loving me. Like a mother. Like a keeper for my spirit. For keeping me from evil. Haha. I love you. Deep within me, I already accepted you as a mentor long ago. Like 5 years ago? Thank you for your grace.

Pastor, my beloved Pastor. Who could boast of being loved by a Pastor so much? I can. Someone who has loved me since the first day I stepped into DR. His grace is really one I cannot compare. Pastor, forgive me for all that I've done that has caused you disappointment. I love you Pastor. And I know that you love me too.

I have so many more people I have things to say to. My family, my other friends, and people who have blessed. So many things, so little time.

Remember guys, we have to treasure the people around us. Don't wait till it's too late. Don't wait for tomorrow. Don't wait. The clock is ticking. Have you said your 'I love you's?

Jerome, I know it's not nice to spend your birthday like that. But all I wanna say is, look on the bright side. I can't help you, but I can pray. Don't give up. And the Lord loves you too much. Remember that, God's love is beyond compare.

Wow, I've typed so much. It's time to sleep. I love you, my friends. I love you more than my life. I love you guys for who you are. I will love you till I am told not to anymore.

God Bless.