Thursday, March 30, 2006

Love - Immeasurable

A simple word with such profound meaning.

A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

Wow. God feels all that towards us? Amazing. I didn't even know there were words to actually describe love. I thought love was indescribable.

But indeed. God's love is not only indescribable, it's immeasurable. Limitless. Such is the love that is shown to us from the Maker of you and me. How would I ever be able to grasp the love that is shown to me?

God, thank you for showing me love in so many ways. Through the people, through the Word, through the visions. Unfathomable are you God, your love knows no bounds.

On the other hand, how many of us have tasted love from another? To be loved by a brother or a sister in Christ. To experience something special from the people who care for you, and want to be a blessing to you. Blessed are these who follow in the footsteps of Jesus, for they have truly been touched by God's love, and want to show others this love too.

And of course. We have the butterflies in our stomach. Everyone probably has had an experience of such before. That someone who makes you go gaga. I admit, I like that feeling, the feeling of being romantically in love. Be it a crush, or someone more, that someone makes you happy.

And then, the most powerful love that could be shown by another human. A mother's love. People do admit that a mother's love is probably just after the love shown by God. Being brought up by my mom, I couldn't agree more. And sometimes, I feel unworthy of such a deep love. When I see moms praying alongside their children at the altar, and tears streaming down their face, the picture alone is enough for one to believe.

So much that my mom has done for me, sometimes too much. And I feel indebted my whole life. What makes a mom still love so much when faced with countless disappointments? And then, there's my spiritual mom. Someone whom never received recognition from my entries. I never talked about her, about how she's blessed me in so many ways.

Last sunday, as I was standing in the youth worship, God spoke to me.

"Why so dry? Why so dry?"

I didn't know what it meant. And God told me to intercede for the youths. And so I lifted my hands, both cupped like a bowl, and tears just came down. God showed me a vision.

I saw so many youths, with so much hurt, with so much pain. And my heart became burdened with these. And I prayed hard, asking the Lord for a pouring. A pouring of His spirit on these.

Sermon was great and I thank God that Pastor gave an altar call. And the altar was filled with people with needs. I don't know what you guys are hurting for, I don't know what you guys have been crying for, but I know one thing. There's always this bottle, collecting all your tears, and these drops are precious in His eyes. And remember this. Your Father is always there, squatting down, ready to carry you on his back, until you are ready to walk again.

One last thing. I know it takes real faith to write this. But I am going to believe that God will bring to pass what I heard. Remember Pastor Julie Khoo asked us to pray for those who were to be baptized in tongues? I prayed for Jerald and Edward. God told me something about Edward, but I never shared it with anyone. And I don't want to keep it to myself anymore.

He said He will break the curse off both Edward's ears. That, very soon, Edward would not need those aids anymore. Guys, I need you to help me on this one. Pray together with me for Edward alright? I am not ashamed of my faith anymore. I believe God will deliver, and until then, I'll be right here praying.

I know I have written a bit tonight. And I don't know if you guys survived till this far, or if you just speed read. But I hope that you will pray hard for our youths. For those who are hurting - Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually. Faith shall arise among us. Amen?