Sunday, March 12, 2006

My 3 Days' Worth

A super long entry. You'll be here for a long time, so you might as well grab some nachos and root beer while you're reading. *smiles*

So, today was a weird day. I won't say it was sad, let's just say I didn't expect things to turn out this way. But, it was really a huge change in what I expected to do today.

Was scheduled to meet Jon at noon for catching up and all, but he was with his friends so I decided to meet up with Jerome and Jerald, who were sourcing for Jerald's new guitar @ Bras Besar Complex. It took me almost half an hour to get there because I didn't know where it was. I ended up near Funan before deciding to ask for directions. And then I found out I had to make a huge turn back. Lolx. All in the hot afternoon sun.

So, I got there and found them. Couldn't call anyone because my phone is barred from outgoing, and my mom already settled the bill. What a slow response from Starhub. So, it was pure coincidence that I met them outside the shop. Jerome, Jerald, and Jessica. No, not Alba. Jerald's mom was there to pay for the guitar during her lunch break.

So, she offered us a ride to Millenia where her workplace was and offered to treat us lunch. And guess where. The Coffee Connoisseur. What a place to have lunch, and I was so glad Jessica treated us. What a great meal.

The Food




















Oh yea, this is a video of 2 Connoisseurs enjoying their lunch.



And so they did. Too bad I didn't take pictures of Jerald new guitar, and the guitar bag (that looks really cool).

So, Jessica didn't join us for lunch (I really don't want to call her Aunty Jessica). She had to rush back to work and took away a sandwich. And she paid for the entire meal. I was so touched. Thank you. Really makes me believe 'what goes around comes around'. I treated the youths to a dinner at my place that cost me a bomb, but then their parents bless me back. So cool man.

And after lunch, these 2 dorks just had to go on a sugar high. Sugar high = hyper. They took packets of sugar from the table and started having sugar for dessert. In case you don't already know, huge bursts of sugar in your body will grant you instant energy. And that's what happened. They went hyper. I was standing outside TCC in stupefaction man. These 2 looked drunk, on sugar. And it continued as we walked down to the MRT station to meet Jon.




















And so we met Jon near Dhoby Ghaut. We went to E-Games for some lan. DotA of course, and it wasn't in my plan of meeting up with him. I really wanted to sit down over a cuppa and chat. Circumstances didn't allow me.















And Jon told me he had to meet a friend in the evening. So there goes my plan of catching up with him. And I wasn't the one who arranged this meeting. Was really feeling down, and decided to head home after lan with them. Took the train to Bedok before taking a bus home. I wanted some quiet home, that's why I wanted to take bus.

I switched on my mp3 player that Gordon gave me, and listened. And not long later, I fell asleep, to all anger that I carried and disappointment. After the sleep I felt so much better. Indeed, sleeping is a healing process. So, if you make me angry, just ask me go get some sleep. Lolx.

And what a sight when I got home















So, that basically summed up my day. Now that I've blogged about today, I'm going to blog about the last 2 days, that I spent 90% of in church and being touched by God.

A third down, 2 more thirds to go..

- Saturday, 11th March 2006 -

I was late again for practise. Was asked by Andy to back him up again after Friday's great time of letting God touch us. But service started late too. Guess the youths found it hard to wake up at 9am on a saturday morning. Haha.

Won't say much about what happened and what Pastor Julie preached. I'll let the pictures do the talking. This is when the Holy Spirit moves, and baptized the people with the gift of tongues. The 2 people I prayed over both received it, and I thank God that He moved this day.

(till now, these pictures are so filled with the Spirit)






























































And the Lord just did His work. He moved so mightily in our midst. And many gained the gift of tongues this day.

Oh. And Jerald blushed.















Then it was time for lunch. Pastor Julie and her team wouldn't join us because they had to prepare for the Mandarin service. We brought Prince along and he walked with us in the extremely scorching sun.




















And we finally settled down at a 'Cai Peng/Teochew Porridge' stall. This part of Singapore looked so much like Malaysia man. The shophouses and everything.

The Food















What a spread! I had a good meal man. Some of them had porridge, but I decided on rice. It was real good stuff man. And the fellowship made it even better.

So, drama was at 2pm and all the youths were all time. Lolx. Maybe we should have more stuff on saturday mornings. All went well. The youths practised dance steps for the songs while Andy, Pam, and I were in Pastor's office learning our solos. I love Eli and Punch's song, it has a great tune to it, and a fabulous ending. *wink*

Drama was great, and then I decided to go out with the youths for lan after drama. And as I was about to leave church with them, Aunty Em approached me.

Aunty Em: So Peter, how are you going there?

Oh no!! I totally forgot about the family dinner!! The family dinner that was planned so long ago, and I was just thinking about it yesterday. What on earth is wrong with me?!?! I'm really losing my memory man, can't remember simple and important stuff like this. Think one day I might not even recognise you guys man. Zzzz..

So I wouldn't be able to lan with them. Ben dropped me off at Macdonald's house at Dhoby Ghaut and I walked down to Gordon's apartment to meet Sarah and Mom. We then proceeded to the restaurant by cab.

Sixth Avenue - Brazil Churrascaria

A beautiful restaurant, and a eat-all-you-can. The only different thing from all eat-all-you-cans I've been to? You don't have to go get your food. Your dinner comes to you, fresh from the grill and with excellent service. Bravo.

Me















If you guys didn't notice, my eyes changed their colours again. It's now blue, and I love it. People have been asking me if I naturally have blue eyes. That's a compliment you see, because they can't really believe they're cosmetic lenses.

Look at the length of our table















My plate was filled with so much food. You can drool now.















The service comes to you




















And the most 'unique' item I had was this.

Chicken Heart (the redness is computer generated)















And after dinner, the adults just had to shift the whole mood by having Kopi at the coffee shop beside the restaurant. I mean.. It was so funny. From 'Yes Sir/Mdm..' to 'Oie! What drink you want?!?!' Haha, it was so funny man. And Uncle John, Jeremy and Bernard's Dad is such a kid's entertainer. If he gets saved and attends church, I bet he'll be in Kids Church man.















And we were going to head home when we saw a great poster. Jeremy and Sarah wanted so much to pose beside this celebrity. Don't start rolling off your chair in laughter now..















And we took the pick-up home. Uncle John drove us, and the 4 cousins sat at the back and enjoyed the wind in our hair. Jeremy loved it man.















So then we reached home, and I knew I needed to get some rest. Sunday was a long day too, and I needed all the rest I could get. I was so glad that this day felt like a thousand. Thank you Lord.

2 thirds down, a third more to go..

- Sunday, 12th March 2006 -

I was backing up for Andy again. Poor Andy and the band. Nearly everyone has been serving for the last 3 days. Andy is on the verge of losing his voice. But as usual, the Lord moved even though the music might not have been the best. Because when we allow ourselves to be utilised fully by the Lord, He will work through us.

And this was the last service Pastor Julie preached in. She and her team would have to leave after this because they were scheduled for another meeting in Pahang (if I'm not wrong).















She preached on the church, and following alongside Pastor Simon to let the Revival come. "You can't control the rain, and when it will come". And it meant so much. The same thing was preached in the Church Camp last June. To follow your leadership and walk alongside them.

And the altar was filled with the congregation standing beside Pastor Simon and Aunty Anna. And then, once again. The Lord moved. A wave of healing filled the sanctuary, people were lifting up their hands in surrender. People were being delivered. Family ties were restored as families prayed together. What a scene to behold man. I was touched too. Because, once again, I was filled with so much that it was overflowing.

And after service, we all planned for lunch but I hanged around because I wanted so much to thank Pastor Julie. Oh, and before I talked to her, guess who I saw.

Reneé!! So Cute!!




















So then, after the very busy Pastor Julie was going around talking to people, I finally had my chance. I needed so much to thank her, something was stirring in me. And I'm glad I did. Because, guess what? She has been longing to see me. Not that she didn't recognise me, but she knew that she needed to see this boy. Ok, let me elaborate.

4 years ago, Pastor Julie came and she ministered in our youth group. At that time, we were still a small group, nothing compared to what we are now. And we were still in Science Arts Building. I can't remember clearly but all I remember was that I was really touched by her. So, I took $10 from my wallet, placed it in an envelope together with a letter and asked either Pastor or James to give it to her for me, because she already had left church after the service. And she gave me a letter back (man, where did I place it.. Zzz..). That ended the last time I ever kept in contact with her.

So, back to me talking to her. Our convo basically went like this.

Me: Pastor, thanks for being a blessing to me. You blessed me so much in the last few days. I always thought my life was really messed up and all that, but you went through tough times and you got through them. It must have been tough.

Pastor Julie: Yea it was, but God helped me.

Me: I never could understand the last few days how come I decided to give you that $10 4 years ago. Because $10 from my $30 pocket money was a huge sum.

Pastor Julie: *gasps* (and she calls Pastor Simon)

Pastor Simon: Yes Pastor.
Pastor Julie: Did you know this was the boy that gave me the $10 4 years ago?
Pastor Simon: Yea, it was him.
Pastor Julie: I've been praying for this boy these few years.
Me: (in shock)
Pastor Julie: And the $10 is still untouched. With the letter.
Pastor Simon: *smiles*
Pastor Julie: And I told my assistant that I will meet him again.
Pastor Simon: Praise God!
Me: Thank you Pastor. Thank you so much.
Pastor Julie: Keep going for the Lord Peter. We'll meet again.

Sounds like some love story that makes you want to cry because it is so romantic? Nah, it was about God touching lives. When I saw her giving Prince the $10, it meant so much I cried. My $10 is used to bless others. Even though I felt $10 might be nothing to her, but I saw before my very eyes, how $10 was used to bless Prince, from Thailand. God uses people from different nations to bless others from other nations. Amazing.

So, after talking with Pastor Julie, I chatted quite a bit with the youths that she brought here. Alex, and May-Vern (I Initially thought it was Ravern lolx.) And after they left, I was so sad I didn't get to speak to someone. Haizz, we'll meet soon anyway. Lolx.

So we 5 guys decided against going out for lunch. So we had the musicians get Minced Pork Noodles for us. And before the delivery hunks came back, we were chatting. About what else.. Lolx.















And when the food came, we went upstairs to have our delicious noodles. Couldn't believe we actually sat on the floor for our food.















After the very satisfying lunch, we went for practise. And Pam did a great song, can't remember the name but it was originally sung by Guy Sebastian. Someone who has the song please send it to me via MSN. Thanks a zillion.

And before youth, Pastor Julie and team came back. And we did a combined photo of our youths with them. See! See! She's over there! Haha.















And that was really the last time. Lolx. What with you Peter.. Ok, so Youth was different today. Pastor wasn't preaching, so we did something else. He had us sit down on the floor for 45 minutes. We would meditate on the Word and then share it in our small groups.

Personal note to Pastor. The rest don't read. REV PASTOR SIMON ANG!!! 45 minutes you know!! So long la!! My leg went cramped up you know!! If this punishment for not appreciating your sermons, we really learnt our lesson. Man! I can't imagine youth being like that and without you preaching! I admit, I rather have you Pastor. Please come back and preach!

Ok, you guys didn't read that ah. Good. So, we broke into small groups and shared. I learnt about setting my heart to where my treasure is. Though I learnt from the Word, it was still too long though..

Before















After















So the youths have their week break from school. Little wonder Janine, Pam, and Rach decided to tag along the cool dudes. And so we headed to Plaza Singapura. Oh wait. Correction. Not Janine but SailorMoon Janine! (I didn't call her that, don't look at me with those queer eyes. I rather call her CardCaptor, more Kawaii)




















So Andy needed to repair his phone. Ben introduced us to this Bratswurst place where it was selling great dogs man. Dogs as in hot dogs. Very nice and good. Flavourful and very juicy. Needed it to fill our empty stomachs.















And after this, we went Café Cartel for drinks. Pam and Rach had to leave for a dinner I think, so it was left with the 6 of us. Cardcaptor aka SailorMoon aka Janine, Ben, Andy, Aaron, Joram, and Me. We all had shakes except for the Princess. She had some Peach Foley I think. Didn't really get what it was. And since we could only take bread if we had food, we ordered potato wedges. And then! We helped ourselves to the free flow of bread. Don't call me cheapo, I know you guys will do it too.

And this is my delicious Strawberry Shake




















Heavenly man. And after this, I took the train back with Janine and we crapped alot. But it's good to know she's really into TP CMM. Gina, look forward to meeting Janine soon ok? And help me take care of her, she quite wild one. Must control her abit, if not she will become a crocodile. Buaya.. you know?..

Lolx. So there. My 3 days' worth. I spent 3 hours doing it. I'm real mad. And in 15 minutes' time, I need to be in Bnet with the guys. We're so going to win again today. Just watch us..

Ok. So I hope you guys had a great time reading this entry. Comments appreciated and please tag before you go. Have a great week people!

God Bless!!