Thursday, March 23, 2006

SMX Turns 21 Today!!

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To SMX
Happy Birthday To You!!!

Happy 21st Birthday SMX
Wishing You All The Best This Coming Year
And Always Remember This Friend You've Got
Smile Always And Stay Healthy


So, SMX aka Simon aka Frieden aka Strawberry turns 21 today. Adult now aye? The downside to this post is that there'll be no pictures. The place we went to eat was so posh, I think I would have been real embarrased to take photos. But I tell you, the food was fabulous!!

It was a 4-coursed Chinese dinner. One may not be impressed when you step into Metropole Hotel, but wait till you enter The Imperial Herbal Restaurant on the 3rd floor.

It was packed. Not only that, nearly everyone was dressed in full suits and office attire. I couldn't believe it was that posh. And to think I actually wanted to wear bermudas for the birthday dinner..

T_T *breaks down*

I'm so touched SMX!! I just feel so happy I've got friends like these. They keep on giving me treats, I really can't outgive them man. I love you guys!! You guys make my days so beautiful and I really appreciate it.

The Codfish for one of the courses was simple fantastic. It was not only cooked till perfection, flaking to the touch, the sauce was gastronomical. It was simply the best sauce in the world. No kidding man. I was joking with SMX, saying that the next time I come, I'll ask for a whole bowl of that sauce.

Another highlight was the dessert. Caramel poured over sweet potatoes and taro we presented along with bowls of cold water. What we had to do was to be fast and dip the caramelised items into the water. The result? Extreme crunch on the outside, yet piping hot and soft on the inside. A treat for the family as well as for the tastebuds.

A fabulous dinner. I had such a great time savouring such delightful dishes. SMX, I really have to admit, you never fail to grant me great meals. I am so impressed with your choice of food. Kudos man.

We got home by cab, and they rushed off to watch some show. I was just thinking. You know what? 1 month before my birthday, I'll organise some 'month-long' celebration. And I'll make sure there'll be a huge party for next year's 21st!! All who are privileged will be asked to come to join in the celebrations. How cool is that!

Ok, I'm thinking too far ahead as usual. But I really want to say 'Thank You' once again to SMX and family for such a wonderful evening. SMX, must come for the coming musical ok? Don't tell me I didn't invite you ok?

Alright, going to end here. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Going to run some errands then going to church for rehearsals. Hope my days will stay as good as I want them to. *smiles*