Monday, May 29, 2006

Money Can't Buy This

So, the gift was given. And 2 nights of little sleep finally paid off. Looking at this picture makes me realise it was all worth it. All 122 stars. What a beauty. *smiles*

So, here are a few things that happened over the weekend that I failed to blog about, and their pictures too.

Sat night was good. It was yet another movie together with the family. And it was X3 - The Last Stand. It was good. Think my favourite new mutant on screen was the 'wave girl'. Lolx, didn't get her name though.

Won't spoil the story for anyone of you. But remember to stay in your seats till the end of the movie, and I mean, yes, till all the credits roll (which is about 10 minutes?). What a long wait, but was worth it. Janine missed it and spent an entire afternoon on Sunday to ask Ben what it was all about. Lolx. I'm dead sure it won't stop at the proclaimed trilogy. There's going to be more. I know it, I know it.

So here's a few photos of me. I notice I'm getting really good at taking my own photos. Constant practise and hard work does pay off after all. Lolx.

the face of happiness

Mom and Gordon

Act Cute?

I notice something. I don't look cute when I 'act' cute, I look horrid. People who do it look cute, but not me. I guess the natural look is way better than acting cute for me. Because my natural smile is, *cough*, cute.

But still, I fall to temptation.

Bleah

This was taken after youth on sunday. Yes, the second day in a row that I didn't sleep much. Notice my eyes were barely able to open. And yes, Kenny Rogers serve huge portions.

my plate of yum

So that sums up my weekend. It was a long weekend, and though it was tough, I loved it knowing I accomplished what I set out to do. Lovely feeling.

And at work today, I saw a fellow colleague, Shi Hua, smiling as she was reading a letter. Curious, and mischievious, I decided to ask her about it.

Me: Whoa, someone's smiling when reading the letter aye?
Shi Hua: *grins*

- after 5 minutes -

Me: So, who is that someone who made you smile?
Shi Hua: Oh, a friend overseas.
Me: He or she?
Shi Hua: She la..
Me: Oh. Chuh.
Shi Hua: Of course it's a she. Which guy will write something so cute.

- end of conversation -

I smiled to myself. Because that's what I always do. You know, the folding of paper hearts, stars, straw ones too, and letters that are folded to form an envelope et cetera, et cetera. Shi Hua, such guys do exist you know, you just haven't seen what I've done for the people around me. *smiles*

And I did a good deed tonight, which makes me feel even happier than I already am. I helped a guy with directions to get to Hougang Ave 1. Upon asking me which bus goes to a certain block, I took out my very handy transitlink guide (go get one now), and helped him out. I reckon most people won't even bother helping him, and so doing something like that makes me really happy.

Ah, the luxury of being able to bask in happiness. I should be like this everyday. Maybe, scientists will one day find a cure for sadness, ie, a potion for happiness. It should be called 'Delight'. Or maybe, that's just something called Heaven. *smiles*

Ok, time to eat dinner. It's getting late. Have a good week ahead everyone. Remember to drink loads of water and get plenty of rest. I love you guys (and gals)!

God Bless!!