Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Secondary School Friends - 3 Years Later

From left: Ridzuan, Alson, Ching Hong, Jia Jun

*imitating typical class photos*

Lolx.

So, after a very long time. My secondary school classmate (Ching Hong) asked a few of us out for dinner. It's been 3 years, and it was cool knowing we could meet up and have a good chat again. And yes, it's been a long, long, long time since people called me Ridzuan. It was weird for me to get used to them calling me Ridzuan and for them to call me Peter (because they never knew I was ever called Peter).

But before I left my house, I made myself a Club Sandwich, thinking I would not be eating much during the dinner with them. And the sandwich was fantastic. Toasted honey oat bread with ham, cheese, and eggs. Yummy!

Club Sandwichâ„¢ - by Peter

So, I met them at Esplanade Library, and I was the latest. Sorry guys, didn't mean it. And at first glance I kind of didn't recognize them until they shouted, "Hey! Hey!", and I replied by saying the same.

And then they said my voice changed and it's deeper. Whoa, that made me so happy. It proves I have a sexier, more deeper voice now aye? *wink*

And we then decided on Glutton's Bay for dinner (just beside the Esplanade). And I told them I wouldn't be eating much because I already had my sandwich. However, I still did eat quite a bit, except for the Hokkien Mee. Which means I ate Satay, Oyster Omelette, Sambal Stingray, and Sugar Cane for my drink. So much for not eating much huh.. *gasp*

the table of food

Ching Hong, The Entertainer

Jia Jun, The Computer Geek

Alson, The Quiet One?

Yours Truly, The Bullied (Lolx)

And after dinner we decided to talk a walk down to Marina Square, with Ching Hong making 90% of all the conversations (which is good, because I always admire people who can talk). And I decided to take photos of the 4 of us just before we reached. I approached a group of gals to help me, and there was one who was very helpful.

(if you happen to be the gal reading this now, tag on my board. Phone number is given upon request)

4 of us, 3 years later

It's amazing how we could still meet up after such a long time. Everyone looks really different, but one thing stays the same. We were all from the same school, and it was real funny talking about the past (teachers, classmates, love life etc). Loads of fun to be around these friends of mine that I've missed out on for 3 years. And I was happy we met again. Thanks Ching Hong for organising this. Looking forward to the next one too.

So, today's been a really fruitful day. Not only did I do all that I mentioned, I also finally managed to put up a song for my blog. Talk about hard work, this 'simple' task took me nearly a week.

*grins*