Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's Up?

There's always something I look at every night when I come home and enter my room. It's lovely, and it serves to remind me to be a blessing to the people around me.



The bouquet that was given to me when we did 'You Are Special'. I promised to hang it on my ceiling and it's still there. Thanks Chin and James, I really love it alot. And it's not just any other bouquet. It's the first bouquet I've had in my entire life. And yes, I did feel special when I got it.

A gentle reminder to me as I lay to sleep every night. It's not just a bouquet. It's a bouquet that meant much more to me. It restored something within me. And I'm glad that I'm still the joyful Peter everyone knows.

Oh yes, went out to meet a friend just now. Guess who I saw on the way home on bus 72? It was Uncle Leonard. Man, it was like 11.15 pm? I opened the conversation asking him how come he had to work till so late. And that was a start to a wonderful conversation. I talked about my job and how I feel more privileged now than before about being able to work. I mean, to be able to support yourself and not depend so much on your parent. And he told me that a parent's greatest joy is to see the child grow and become the person they set him/her out to be. Having a close relationship with their children is what really matters to parents, not the gifts, nor the sweet-nothings.

And yes, I would like to apologise to my mom for not only not getting her a gift for Mother's Day, I didn't even wish her till the day after. Talk about filial piety, I failed big time that day. I know she didn't want anything. She said even a simple meal at the food court would be fabulous to her, because she would be able to spend time with me. Sorry Mom, I really love you loads.

So, back to being a blessing. I feel we sometimes get too caught up with life that we forget to be a blessing. So always keep reminding yourself of how important your words and encouragement mean to the people who love you. Really, your love means more than anything this world could ever offer.

Alright, time to hone my DotA skills now. Lolx. Ben's waiting for me. Haha. I'll blog again real soon.

God Bless!!