Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Another Off Day Well Spent

This is one day late. Had some problems with uploading of the video.

- 28th June, Wednesday -

I love my off days. I have spending them very well the last few weeks. Today was no different. I decided to go ice skating with my sister yet again, but we woke up relatively late, at 11am. I was up earlier though, to settle my character in Water Margin Online (a new MMORPG with great graphics and it's free! More info here).

My sister forgot her EZ-link card only when we got to the MRT station, and I was in a state of disbelief. Not only were we running late, now my chance of meeting EQ on time in the evening would probably be lost.

Nevertheless, she rushed home to get it because it's not worth it to pay a hefty $2 to Jurong East, when she can get the ride for 40 cents. Tsk. So unfair.

And so me, being utterly bored, decided to take a self portrait of myself yet again. Now, don't start rolling your eyes, because I'm getting good at it ok? And you'll notice the huge difference between this photo and the last one I'm posting up. Before and after exercise. Lolx.

wahahaha

The trip there was horribly long. Like I said, Jurong East is not far, it's extreme. And to think we didn't get seats from Outram Park all the way to Jurong East. Tsk. The good thing though, is that I got to talk to my sister, and that made it seem a whole lot shorter.

It was almost 1.30pm when we finally set foot at Fuji Ice Palace. Today was much MUCH less crowded than last wednesday, therefore explaining why it was much colder too. Brrr..

my sweet sister

get what I mean? much less crowded!

And my very sweet sister took a video of me ice skating. Yes, finally I can ice skate. It's like, learning to walk. It's just that now, I can walk without focusing on how to go about doing it. Lolx. I love the video alot, because I CAN skate! Lolx. And the last part of the video is roll-on-floor hilarious. The expression of my face is probably one I haven't done in years.



We did skating till about 4pm. And mind you, it's a sport. Yes, it may be cold, but you do perspire. And you're spending 99% of the time balancing you full body weight on 2 thin pieces of metal.

Skating made me real starved. I needed a good meal, and something real filling. I needed to eat lunch (mind you it's 4.30pm). Initially we wanted to Long John's, but figured otherwise. We chose KFC instead. Buddy meal was real good, but thinking about how much you perspired and then eating this isn't very.. correct aye? *guilty smile*

Anyway, I had to rush and gobble down all that good chicken and coleslaw. I was going to be late for meeting EQ for badminton! I agreed to meet him at Tampines, and I figured it would be full. Therefore, I decided on Hougang Sports Hall instead (how convenient aye?). I gave him a ring, and thank goodness he was still in school. He agreed to come Hougang instead and I was rushing my way back in the MRT.

Gragh. ALL the way back from Jurong East to Hougang, I didn't get to sit. That's 45 minutes of standing in a very crowded train of office people, and wondering if you were ever going to get home. *roll eyes*

But, I finally did and am very glad. It was just nice EQ reached too, so I arranged to meet him at the Hougang Gym. We were going to book a court when we were hit by tragic news! There were NO more courts till 9pm!!! *gasp* So, I told EQ since we couldn't do badminton, so I decided on jogging at the stadium (which is what I totally hate by the way). I don't like jogging, but EQ managed to spur me enough to go for it. Lolx. Thanks EQ!

SO! After 2 years of being out of jogging and sports, I finally jogged 1.6km! Wahahahaha! Can you believe that?! Peter jogs! EQ was pacing me all along, and pushed me to sprint the last 200 metres. It was very very tiring and painful for me, but man did I feel great after I did it all!

Hougang Stadium

my pacer, Joash!

EQ is proud to be a Victorian! And I'm proud to be a chef! Lolx. And man, was I drained from the jog. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of me anytime. Lolx. But all's good! *starts singing* I feel good..

see? so not nice!

I'm perspiring so bad! And my face is like a lobster! Lolx. My polo T spells 'Slack Taxi'. It clearing contradicts me, I just ran 1.6km ok?!?! Wow. Even I can't believe I started jogging again. *roll eyes*

EQ came for dinner at my place. Had more than enough food for seconds but he didn't need more. I had a great time talking to him about church, school, and *coughs* love life. Lolx. But it's real good to know he's training hard for nationals 2 weeks from now! Go Go EQ!!!

That sums up my very fun day. Enjoyed it so much with the people around me. Looking forward to more exercise, because exercise is the key thing to me looking good! Lolx. Hope you guys and gals feel inspired to exercise too! If Peter can do it, so can you!

Going off to make money now. Lolx. Ssshh.. Keep it low profile, I don't want people to know how I'm going to earn big bucks! Lolx. Take care people!!

God Bless!!