Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Off Day - What A Blast

This post is going to be rather long. I've not had such an exciting day for such a long time. I always believe a day like this comes rarely, and I must blog about it when I get the chance to! Whoa, what a wonderful day, loved every moment of it!

So, decided to join my sis and her friends to go Ice Skating this morning. I mean, this would be the first time in my life (yes, after 20 years of living on this earth). I was woken up by my sis' banging on the door, trying desperately to wake me from my sleep. I'm glad I dragged myself out of bed, and I will never regret that decision. Never ever. Lolx.

However! It was so so far away! The mrt ride there was 45 minutes! All the way from Hougang to Jurong East is no joke man. But nonetheless, we got there finally, and was late by 20 minutes. Lolx. Typical singaporeans aye?

Fuji Ice Palace

Such an 'orh biang' name. The place neither resembled Fuji nor a palace. Tsk. Lolx. I'm just really confused why they named the place what they named it. But nevermind. Let's just move on shall we?

look at the crowd!

No one expected it to be this crowded. Gosh. It was practically packed. But since we're here and ready to go, what's a small crowd to us aye? Tickets were SGD8.40 per student (yes I'm one ok?), and it's unlimited number of hours because it's wednesday. No wonder it's packed.

me myself I myself me

Want to know how many friends Sarah brought? She got 5 I think, and Vanessa (one of her friends), brought another 3. Wow.

what a huge group!

my lovely skates

And finally! We got down to some skating. My goodness! Ice skating is so so so so so tough. Lolx. Try balancing your body weight on a thin piece of metal, AND, on ice. *pants*

But no worries! I easily caught on, and managed to pose for the camera! Wahahaha! I'm a pro when it comes to taking pictures. (no matter where, how, why, when! I'll always be ready for a snap! I think.)

nice? nice? nice?

And yes, if you're wondering if I did fall. Sad to say, yes. I fell like 5-6 times? Goodness, pain pain pain. And when you fall, you get yourself wet. My jeans and gloves got so wet, I was wondering if they ever would dry.

get what I mean?

Half my jeans were wet! *roll eyes* Tried really hard not to fall, but I still did. But however, I accomplised what I wanted for the day! I managed to skate on my own, with rhythm and style. *play victorious music* Lolx. I actually could skate. Wow.

the weird things gals do

Well, not really weird considering I took part in that picture. Lolx. See which hand belongs to me?

Hint
: the watch.

shoes too..

Lolx. What an awesome time we had man. Really cool, pun intended. And by the way, ice skating is a sport. You actually will perspire when you go for it. The irony, yea. Had lunch at the food court after 2 hours of practise, and the fare was rather disappointing for me. Won't be elaborating on it though.

The day didn't end there. We decided to go over to Vanessa's church for pool! Yes, Vanessa, that Vanessa. And yes, Heart of God.

Really reminds me of the times we had in Science Arts Building. You guys remember the famous table soccer? Yea, they had it here too. I was so happy when I saw the table. Haven't touched one of these in ages.

Sarah and Vanessa (yes yes..)

But that was not the main attraction aye? As I said earlier, we were here for pool! Beat that! A church will a pool table! Not the best, but definitely worth having one! Pastor, get one now!!

the game that rocks

So it was table soccer, pool, pool, table soccer, pool, pool, pool (does it ever end? yes, it does). When I noticed it was 6.30pm, I realised I got an important appointment at 7pm! It was to meet my twin brother! Fortunately, I was on time and so was he. Was so happy to see him, because he came from training, and like me, had a rather hectic day.

long john's for dinner!

*wink* look in that pair of lovely eyes

Wonderful dinner. Thanks for the great company EQ, really loved it. Oh yea, he's my twin brother. You want to know why? Go ask him, he'll tell you. Right EQ?

So, what more can I add to this already very interesting day? More of course! *pumped* I made a video of EQ doing streetball moves. Wow, simply wow. He's very good at what he does man. I mean, I know he was good all along, but this good?

See it for yourself. Don't blink.



Amazing right?!?! Crazy stuff there bro, truly something (the video) worth playing over and over many times. I'm proud of what you can achieve and more to come! Keep it up, and don't stop inventing new moves alright? Lolx.

Did the night end there?! No, of course not! (I know some of you must be thinking whether all these happened in 12 hours. Lolx) We decided to pay Skate Park a visit @ Somerset. Wanted to go check it out since I heard about it from my cousin, Bernard.

nice stuff these guys do

These guys are awesome! Wow. The skate, blade, cycle, and do the scooter with so much skill. Yea, you're right EQ, Jerome missed out on such a wonderful night.

So, was in awe at the guys doing what they were doing, when I saw someone who looked like Bernard. And I was telling EQ,

Me: That guy looks like my cousin.
EQ: That one?
Me: Yea.

And then.. The guy turned his head and looked at me.

DANG DANG DANG DANG

Wow, like this day could get any better/weirder. Lolx. He was actually doing his stuff on the scooter. And mind you, a secondary 2 student like him going on high slopes doing stunts. *holds breath*

And we left the park at 9.30pm. I decided to take the train back with EQ to Tampines, and take bus 72 from the interchange. I do it all the time with Ken, so I figured why not?

We grabbed a drink at Macs, the 24-hour one, and guess what? It was packed. And people there were not really eating food, they were just having drinks (which seemed like they were consumed more than an hour ago). Why?

what else?

Screen reads Portugal 2 Mexico 1, 31 minutes. *roll eyes*

=.='''

Obviously like me EQ doesn't dig the game that much like everyone else does. His thoughts of it are the same as mine. Why else we call ourselves twins for, if we can't even think the same? Lolx.

not digging it at all

Lolx. What did I say? But the drinks were great though, and people stood outside the glass just to have a peek how the game was going. Tsk. Like, go get cable man, if you want to know the World Cup so well.

Alright, that finally ended my day and night out. We initially wanted to stay to see a goal being scored, not to join in the roar, but to see how these people could cheer so loud when 1 of 22 people on the field scores a ball.. We figured against it. The cheer would have probably spoilt my whole perfect day. Lolx. And anyway, we were too tired to stay on.

AND BECAUSE I NEEDED TO BLOG.

hur hur. You guys better have liked this post I tell you. Took me so long to upload all 18 photos (all edited and well resized for better viewing pleasure), and the video too. Lolx.

YES!

I'm finally done! Need to go get some sleep now. Tomorrow I'm working 8 hours, and I can't wait to make more guests happy with my service. You guys have a great day too alright?

God Bless!!