Thursday, July 20, 2006

CapitaLand Bugis Junction - A Palace

In case you people don't already know, it's not Parco Bugis Junction anymore. It is now taken over by CapitaLand, therefore the above-mentioned title.

Ok since EQ found me today, I think I shouldn't hide it anymore. TCC @ CBJ re-opened yesterday after major renovations and expansion. The new look? Amazing, and simply jaw-dropping. I got transferred here from my outlet at Isetan, leaving all my lovely colleagues behind. But not to worry, we will still be hanging out alot. Lolx.

Fitting the victorian theme, TCC @ CBJ fits nicely with the district around it, and impresses all those who care to take a glimpse.

from the outside

the al-fresco area

And now for the real deal. You may think it doesn't seem much from the outside. You haven't seen the inside. I call it a palace. Simply beautiful and astonishing.

behold the beauty
.
.
.
.
.


and chandeliers fill the ceiling

magnificent bookshelf

a wonderful side-station

And what we boast about is having the longest bar out of all the TCC outlets so far. Almost everything comes in twos. 2 cake fridges, 2 ice bins, 2 washing areas, 2 cash registers.

part 1

part 2

the combined effect. wow!

Look at how long the bar is! Amazing man. You can be at one end and take almost 10 seconds to reach the other end. And of course, such beauty demands great profit too. Just as I was leaving after knocking off work, it was full-house! It was so packed, people had no choice but to take the al-fresco area.

TCC has spent alot on this outlet, and it has been revamped to such a beautiful place. If you guys have time, I strongly suggest coming down to have a look. Be awed, not by my service, but by the decorations a restaurant can accomodate. Fabulous!

Now, although this was my first day here, I've had like 4 friends who spotted me. It was alot of rolling eyes and cold sweat today. Nazir, from my previous outlet, came down. And so did Jane. Jane was on the way to school when she decided to pass by and spotted me. EQ actually found me. I initially didn't want to tell anyone about where was my new workplace, but he actually found me. "I just felt you might be working there." was his excuse. I think it's more than that. Hmm.. telepathy? And Kelvin, from COS (Church of Singapore), also came down. I found him familiar, but he remembered me first. He even remembered you Isaac (yes, the restaurant, yes SHATEC). Lolx.

So, it's been a great but tiring day. I'm going to have an early rest, because tomorrow I have work at 8am. Lolx. Alright, you people continue swooning at the beauty of CBJ! Lolx.

Good night people!