Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'm Over The Moon!!!

Here are some other words to describe how I feel.

Overjoyed

Elated

Gladdened

Fulfilled

Ecstatic

Delirious

Floating

Exhilarated
Gleeful


In Heaven.

Man, I am so happy. This is the biggest achievement I've had for working in an F&B establishment. Very few words could describe what my heart feels, the bliss, and the wide smile on my face.

Yes. Service Ambassador. The only award that is presented for an individual. The winner takes home an individual gift, and of course, the title of 'TCC Service Ambassador'.

This award is only won once every quarter. And only 2 or 3 people win it. How does it go about? Every quarter, an outlet would have to nominate 2 of their staff for this award. Out of all 17 outlets (34 nominees), only 2 or 3 people will win it.

When I entered TCC, my goal was to learn about the service side, to serve, and see the smiles on guests' faces that I would never see when I work in the kitchen. I strive to give good service, and to make my guests feel good. I had a dream, to me it was huge. I wanted to be nominated for Service Ambassador. I never told anyone except Isaac. To me, being nominated would mean you're recognised for your service. And that was all I wanted.

BUT!!!

Now, it's more than a dream come true. It's more than what I wanted. I actually won it. Alongside ShiHua, and Erin from RX (Raffles Exchange), 3 of us are proud to be the winners of Service Ambassadors for this quarter.

the badge worn by only a few

That badge is something everyone longs to have. Everybody who has that badge has an additional burden though. It is a badge that signifies TCC's service and quality. *stress* But nonetheless, to even wear it, would mean people expect more from you. They expect good service, a great smile, and the ability to make them feel good. *double stress*

Oh yes. And remember the individual gift? I couldn't believe my eyes when I got it. I was speechless as I took the award. It was alot of confusion and blushing.

You see. I was conned to come down to the headquarters for some 'community work'. My manager from Isetan told us we had to be in uniform to do 'community work'. *roll eyes* Upon arrival, the managers from every outlet were having their weekly meetings. And I was wondering what was I about to do. Upon a round of really warm applause, there was an announcement.

"Erin from RX, congratulations!!"

"Peter from CBJ!!"

"ShiHua from IS!!"

*cold sweat*

And as I went up to take my award, I kept on asking: "Er, what kind of community work is this?" This comment got everyone laughing. All the managers already knew who was winning it, they just pretended they didn't know. Roy (Isetan's Manager), actually fabricated the story to surprise us. Grr.

But you know. To win this alongside ShiHua, is such a beautiful feeling. *smiles* Lolx. She is well-deserving of this award because I have seen the way she serves, and I have been very impressed.

Man. I digressed.

the prize!!!


It's a 1GB mp3 player!! Oh my, I've longed for one for such a long time. And finally, I have an mp3 player of my own!! Yes yes yes!!

Thank you Lord for this to come upon my life. I want to thank you for making it possible, for making me feel special again. I love you Lord. Thank you for believing that if I set my mind on something, that I can attain it.

Alot of credit goes to the people who nominated us of course. That would be my Manager from Isetan Scotts, Mr. Roy Lim, and my Management Trainee, Lini. Both of them wrote alot about us (our great service), and what we've been doing to deserve this award. Without them, there wouldn't be me and ShiHua as Service Ambassadors today. *delightful smile*

What a surprising day. Oh I almost forgot. As I went back to work after receiving this award, guess who was there reading a book.

PASTOR SIMON ANG

*roll eyes* Can you actually believe he came down to look for me. And just after I got my award and badge. I was so happy I was shaking as I was talking to him. Lolx. Pastor, you like the place right? It's nice right? And the guy who talked to you very amiable right?

Lolx.

Alright, I need to turn in. It's getting late and I guess I need to get ample rest. I'm so happy, so so happy. I wish I would have more awards to come. And maybe one day, I might really get the 2-star Michelin that Aunty Anna says I would get. *dreams*

Dreams are good. Goals are fabulous. Getting them at the end makes it all worthwhile. All the hard work, and all the perseverance, everything pays off at last. Good night everybody, dream big, because we have a big God.