Sunday, August 13, 2006

Can You Believe Peter Reads?

Yes, I know I've said before many many times. My whole life, I've dread reading. I've hated it so much that I find it a huge chore to read. I could never understand how people could actually pick up a book and start reading it with so much effort.

And now, after 20 years of living, I've realised something. I love reading. Amazing huh? All along I've hated it so much. But now, it seems like I'm addicted to it. Reading what people write, and how they phrase their sentences so well is something really beautiful.

This started when I read someone's blog, and this person writes about how great fanfiction is. Yes, I thought nothing of it till I read a chapter of this blogger's favourite author.

Amazing I tell you. Words to describe the character's facial features were so explicit you could almost envision the person himself. And the way the author describes the scenes, everything the character feels - all were so precise and specific. I'm actually looking forward to coming home every night just to read more fanfics like these. I think I'm hooked to reading. *roll eyes*

Work was great today. Yes, again. Singaporeans have a keen sense to know when is the best time to visit this event aye? It seems they all knew that after 5pm there would be a 1 for 1 special. This means you buy let's say an english title, you get another one free. Yes, the magical word. F-R-E-E. Goodness, singaporeans singaporeans..

*roll eyes*

Being a cashier was great. I got to interact with the customers and give them good service. I believe that I made every customer in my counter smile today. *pats self*

Tomorrow I'm working from 3pm to 11pm! That would mean I can sleep in and have a good long rest!! However, these 7 days of working non-stop doesn't feel tiring at all. It's amazing how time flies when you're enjoying what you're doing.

Alright, I'm stopping here for tonight. I'm arranging to meet EQ for dinner sometime this week. If any of you want to meet up, just drop me an sms or give me a call. I'll try my best to meet up alright?

Nights people!