Friday, August 11, 2006

Coincidence or Divine Appointment?

I ended work at 6pm today, after 8 long hours. I worked at the 'baby' side from 3pm to 6pm, and was getting ready to change out of my uniform. I came to get my bag, and guess who I saw at our cash register. Li Tong.

He is probably one the very few people I remember from St. Andrew's. We knew each other way back in primary school, he is one year my senior. We were both in St. Andrew's School after primary school, and I remembered him for being a great friend.

Me: Litong! Wassup!
Litong: Er.. Hi..
Me: What are you doing here?
Litong: I'm working around here.
Me: Oh ok, see you around then.
Litong: Yea, you too..

At first glance he didn't recognize me. Lolx. I've changed so much since secondary school that nobody from St. Andrew's can remember me unless I first say 'hi'. So he left the outlet, and was walking around the traffic lights. I changed out of my uniform and was about to get ready to meet my friend.

...

My friend called to say we weren't meeting anymore. He flew my kite as usual. Gragh. At the very last minute too. I got out of my outlet, not happy at all, and was seeing if I could find Litong. And there he was, sitting outside my outlet, with a list, pen, and clickers.

He explained to me that he was keeping track of traffic for this lane. Guess how much he earns? $10 an hour. *pukes* So much lor!! And just to record how many vehicles pass by in 2 hours!! That's $20 for 2 hours of work! So I chatted with him a bit, and he was 10 minutes early of counting the traffic.

We caught up with one another and he started work at 6pm. We talked on and on and I accompanied him because I had nothing else planned up. EQ wanted to give me his ticket to the Planet Shakers thingy, but I figured I would be late for it anyway. So, me and Litong talked about our lives, and knowing he is still in the faith really is very nice to hear. He attends The Rock now (yes the one at Suntec City).

So I talked with him all the way till 8pm. 2 hours flew by very fast, and it was really nice catching up with a friend whom I've not seen in years. He also lives in Hougang, and so we took the train home together. It was a bad evening turned good.

I told him that most of the time, I wouldn't call this a coincidence. He would have been bored counting traffic flow, and I would have gone home. But both of us were thankful that we caught up, and it was a good evening. Divine appointment? Definitely.

Things like this come once in a blue moon, and I treasure them alot. I miss my friends from St. Andrew's, especially those who made an impact in my life. Yes, Litong was one of them.

Tomorrow I'll be working at Expo! So for those of you who are attending the Planet Shakers tomorrow, please be informed that I end work at 9.30pm. Maybe we could meet up for supper or something ya? Sms me at 9489****. Lolx.

I'm beat. Going to get some rest. Heard of this new game. *roll eyes* Do I ever stick to one game? Nope, not for Peter. Lolx.

Bye everyone!