Saturday, August 19, 2006

First Time Working Till So Late

Alright, it's 3.33am and here I am blogging. Lolx. I just got home not long ago, had a good bathe, and now eating dinner. Yes, dinner. This is probably the first time I'm eating dinner so late. My sis went over to JB this morning, and she brought home food my my nanny's! It's the best I tell you. Still the same old fried chicken, spinach soup, and fish keropok. Yay!

Work was, as usual, great today. Guess who came down to my outlet just to visit me? It was Pastor Simon! *smiles* It was so nice to see him after so long, and I was really blessed because I know he came just to see me. *grins* You see, we almost didn't meet. He came to the main outlet where I was working, ordered an Ice Lemon Tea of all things, and was trying to look for me (or so it had seemed). I, however, was in charge of the al fresco area, which is somewhat not visible to where Pastor was sitting.

I felt the vibrations of a call in my pants, and hurried to a secluded corner to check who it was.

"Simon? Isn't that Pastor? Why is he calling me at this hour?"

Me: Hello? Pastor?
Pastor: You working ah?
Me: Ya.. Why?
Pastor: I'm here.
Me: Really?! Why don't I see you?
Pastor: Yea I don't see you too.
Me: Ok, I go look for you.
Pastor: Ok. Bye bye.

I went searching for Pastor, and found him in less than 30 seconds. Going over, we striked a conversation quickly, revolving mainly about my disappearance. *raise one eyebrow*

Pastor: What sin have you commited that you are running from me?
Me: Huh?
Pastor: How come I haven't seen you in 4 weeks?
Me: Aiyah. I've been busy you see.
Pastor: Yea, yea.. I must come all the way here just to look for you.

"Whoa, my pastor chases me just to find me. Isn't he just the best I can ever have?"

Giggling at that thought, I was pretty amazed that Pastor came just to see me. Of course, he declined that by saying he was in the area, but the thought (of him coming to see me) touched me all the same. Which youth can boast his pastor is concerned enough that he comes all the way down just to see how his youth is doing? Not anyone I know.

So, I left him to his book and Ice Lemon Tea (which is obviously not a good buy, so all of you please don't buy that ever), as I was attending to a restaurant at full house. A pity I couldn't talk to Pastor much. Before I knew it, he was gone, not even saying a 'goodbye'. Tsk. Pastor, next time you come, at least say 'bye' before you leave ok? I was wanting to ask him who he brought 2 weeks ago, that he reserved a table for 12, but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to.

So, back to work! Iqbal and I were taking care of the al fresco area. It was always fun working with him because we all have a common goal in mind. To upsell, and see who gets better orders. Well, let's just put it this way. I got a table to $193 and another at $112, that pretty much impressed him. *grins*

Having a great person to work with you, makes you really motivated to do well. Our sales was good today, just short of $300 for hitting our target. Nonetheless, me and Iqbal were proud we sold countless drinks with ice cream. *pats self*

Tonight was a first for me! I ended work at 1.30am, and was waiting for our shuttle bus to fetch us to PZ (Paradiz), before we would divide to our different areas to take our buses. Sadly, the first for me was ruined, and Syera was saying that I was very suay. Lolx. My first time, and I didn't get to take the shuttle bus. However! I shared a cab with 3 others, of course the bill would be foot by the company ultimately. Had a good chat with some new people I know from AT (Atrium), Nora and Matthew. Oh yes, and I saw Damian too, this time so cheerful, I was left standing dumbfounded. He was waving his hands frantically when he saw me, though I was only 2 metres away from him. *roll eyes*

Damian: Hi!!!
Me: So are you happy or sad today?
Damian: Happy of course!!

"Man, he is one weird guy. Definitely worthy of the title 'quirky'."

Lolx. He was so chirpy it was almost unbelievable he was sad the other day. But anyway, everyone gets sad sometime, and it is so important for friends to help them through those difficult times. *smiles*

Ok, I'm so so tired. I think I better get some rest. A repeat of tonight later in the evening. 5.30pm till 1.30am in the morning. I hope I get to take a cab home again tomorrow. And the best part is Vincent is working too!! This will be the first time that I, and this colleague that followed me over to CBJ from IS, would be working together!! *grins x200*

*snores*