Friday, August 18, 2006

It's Been Some Time

Today was another great day! I woke up real early, obviously deprived of my beautiful 8 hours that I could have gotten, to meet Jon for some catching up.

I was somewhere deep in DreamLand, when suddenly I was reminded that I had to wake up on time, preferably at 9am.

"Oh no, I better wake up."

Throwing my eyes wide open with energy that could only have resulted from good sleep, I took up my handphone only to find a time I would rather not have seen or believed.

"10.15am?! I'm so dead"

Lolx. And indeed, I made Jon arrive on time at 11am, only to realise that I would be the one making him wait. Tsk. I rushed out of bed, got a good morning bathe, and somehow looking like I was dressed to kill. *roll eyes* But nonetheless, it was good to dress up to meet your friends, and not wear uniform like I always do.

He was alright I guess, cool as always, upon knowing I was going to be late. He was bringing Ye Kai along, and it was some time since I last saw these 2 teens.

All along the way to meet them, my new found interest, also known as the suave choker I am now wearing, was resting somewhere between my neck and chest, proudly boasting of it's radiant blue. I love it alot!

And so, after making them a fair bit, I walked to the regular meeting spot that we always frequent - the bridge beside the Esplanade. The conversations that started were effortless and we quickly got used to talking like we always do.

Taking out my camera, one of the 2 was slamming his palm against his cheeks, while the other rolled his eyes in my said course of action.

Ye Kai: No...
Jon: Not again Peter..

Explaining that I needed to start putting pictures up on my blog again, the rolling of eyes and gasps were doubled. They clearly didn't want their faces of my blog, but I guess I always had a way to make people know that they look good when I'm taking these shots. *grins*

the duo

Being the usual self-obsessed boy that I am, a good shot of me was clearly needed to show you people how much you've missed this face on my blog. Lolx. A great haircut, and hairdo, makes a great photo out of this little boy. Now now, stop rolling your eyes already..

*grins*

Still the same old Peter aye? *giggles* A pity you all can't see my choker, I love it alot and want to showcase it to the world! Haha, I seem like a maniac with that sentence, but nonetheless, I still want people to love it too!

After chatting a bit and having lunch at Raffles City food court, the two young kids were off for home (or so I hoped), and I was off to work. A shift like 3-11pm clearly saps alot of energy from oneself, and I was thankful I had lunch before I started my shift.

Something really nice happened at work. I bet my sister's old classmate, Kelly, who greeted me with nothing short of a really fabulous smile. She noticed me first, and calling out my name, I turned my head and fixed my glance at someone who seemed familiar yet distant.

Me: Kelly?
Kelly: Hi Peter! You work here?!
Me: Yea, Sarah didn't tell you?
Kelly: Nope. Hey, your face changed.

"Oh no, I'm dead.. I'm dead.."

Kelly: It's so much better now. Less pimples and all.

"Phew, nothing bad after all. Ok now Peter, don't start blushing.."

Kelly is, after all, one of the most pretty girls in my sister's class in Holy Innocent's. She is very very pretty. Of course, the word pretty is something I'm using in my very limited vocabulary. Lolx.

Kelly: And you used to wear specs right?
Me: Er.. Yea. Why?

"Ooo, this is getting good.."

Kelly: Ah.. So charming..

"..."

That comment compliment shot me too fast to register a smile, but recovering from my sudden shock, or rather, disbelief, I gave her the smile that I've always loved, the blushing obviously breaking beneath her said 'good complexion'. Lolx.

Me: Thanks. I thought that was really nice.
Kelly: Alright then. Take care. I'm going to the ladies.
Me: Alright. See ya around Kelly.

That was so sweet of her. These beautiful words to get me all smiley (not that I was not already), and my motivation to work going up three-folds. Lolx.

And I was reminded of tonight! We were going bowling after work! Yes.. that's been 20 months since I bowled? We were playing to see who would represent CBJ for next week's inter-outlet bowling competition. And yes, it's for TCC staff only. Lolx.

After work, we changed out of our uniforms (I'm so thankful I dressed up to meet Jon), and it was quite a surprise that Farhan was driving us there!

my cool MT

We were later than the others who were there a bit earlier. And obviously nervous and shy, I rejected any remarks that I knew how to bowl. It was true that I wasn't the least confident of even hitting an 80, but the games that followed proved otherwise. *grins*

And here are some cool photos of my CBJ team!

Fara, and where did Dez come from?!?!

Dez is my Assistant Store Manager, the highest post in CBJ. Sometimes, her fun-loving attitude really baffles me. She's really nice to hang around with, but she's still the ASM ain't she? Lolx. Not that I'm complaining though, it's good to have cool MTs and ASMs!

like him!

Oh, and Elene (I hope I got it correct), was there too! She was being permanently transferred over from AT, and she was such fun to be around with. Being a novice, she was taught by almost everyone, and screamed for joy even if she hit only one pin. Lolx.

Elene!

Bowling after so long is so fun! And I actually beat my personal best of 132, now making it 135! Wahahaha, I'm over the moon! My break from this wonderful sport has made me miss it so much! I miss the times I always went bowling with Isaac, and how he was training for the SHATEC competitions. Lolx.

After we ended our bowling session (the place closes at 2am), we were all too tired to even bother who followed who home. Naturally, I shouted if anyone was going Hougang, or somewhere near. You all should know me and my calculations of taking a taxi home after midnight (it's best to have 2 others to share with you). Zie and Elene followed me, and we were off for home!

Zie got off at Hougang Ave 3, and the next best place to go was my place, since Elene stays at Sengkang. However, being the nice gentleman that I always am, my personal principle is to send all girls home first, especially since it's so late. Not that I'm afraid of something happening, I just feel it's right to send the girls then the guys. Please agree with me on this. Lolx.

Elene was kind of shocked that I would rather send her home first, but was quickly accepting my adamant generosity. Of course, it would be more expensive, but what's that little bit for making a girl feel better? *smiles*

Finally got home, and got a great bathe. I helped my sister print her project stuff, and now blogging at 3.30am in the morning. Thankfully, work is at 5.30pm later. However, I'm ending work at 1.30am. *raise left eyebrow* Tsk. That means I will be home only around 2 to 3am? *roll eyes*

Ok, I can't take it anymore. I'm off to DreamLand.

Nights!