Saturday, August 12, 2006

Singaporeans Singaporeans

That's what you say when you see loads of people, all of different races, gender, and age groups gathering at some 'good buy' event. Lolx.

*roll eyes*

It was packed at Expo Hall 4 today as it was the National Library Board's sale of old books. Yes, you got it right. At dirt cheap prices. All english and chinese titles go at $2, malay and tamil at $1, and a pack of 10 magazines for $5. And guess who I saw? Aunty Doris!! Haha, ok we didn't talk much, but it was nice seeing her there.

What happens when news like this goes around. Yes! You see ants in a room. And everyone's pushing and rushing, trying to get what they want. The bigger the book, the better. Why? Because everything is selling at a fixed price!!

*roll eyes*

I was having quite a good time working today though. I was initially set for the post of cashier, but they needed a few of us guys at the replenishment area. My job was to unload books from like a million boxes full of them, and arrange them nicely. However, when the books reach the hall (with all these kiasu people), guess what? Yes, they all get jumbled up. *cold sweat*

Dinner was provided and I thought it was good. It was a packet of chicken rice. Now you see, when there are so many mouths to feed, chances of getting good food from a caterer is very low. But that packet was good I tell you, very tasty.

It was fun pushing the wagons back to the replenishment area as the time reached 8pm - closing. We packed up and got the wagons filled nicely with new books back up in the hall as all the customers left.

Tomorrow is going to be the same thing, except I get to be the post that I was supposed to be in the first place - cashier. I would love to interact with customers rather than those dusty/smelly books. Lolx.

After work, I followed a colleague to Max Pavillion to try whether I could catch a glimpse of the Planet Shakers. Lolx. I thought maybe the chances of meeting the youths were kind of high. I met an old classmate, Wai Kit, and am very glad that he's still the jovial Clifford I know him to be. I called up Jerald and Janine, but sadly they were not there.

Thankfully, Ben was there and we met up. We caught up quite a bit and he gave me a lift to the bus stop where there was 87. He and his uni friends were going blk 85 for dinner/supper. Man, I miss that place for wonderful porridge and minced pork noodles. Yum!

I better get some sleep now. It's late and I need to have energy to smile for the customers tomorrow! Lolx. I need to put a smile on Singaporeans because they take around 1 hour just to get payment for their books. Lolx.

Smile Singapore!