Thursday, August 10, 2006

Worst Night In My Life

As I lay to rest last night, little did I know it would be the worst night in years. I still shiver and shake when I think about it.

Most of you may already know that long ago, I had a fear of darkness. It was a fear so bad, not only must I sleep with someone near me, I also needed light around me. Along came someone, by the name of Aunty Anna, who taught me that I could overcome this fear of darkness.

I learnt to rebuke the spirit of darkness and fear in my life, and gradually over months and years, I overcame it fully. I finally started sleeping in my own room, by myself, and without light. I didn't believe I could overcome this fear. Until last night.

It was horrible. All I remembered were dark and shadowy figures. I don't know what the dream was. All I know was I woke up, shouting at the top of my voice. And the fear that followed was the worst fear I ever had. It was as if I was cursed, and it felt like I lost someone close to me. It was bad, very very bad.

I did everything I could. I prayed, and rebuked the spirit of fear. Nothing could calm me down. And as I drifted slowly back to sleep, the sensation of shouting would come once again, preventing me from even calming myself down enough to rest. I shook as I laid in bed. I didn't dare to open my eyes. The fear I had years ago came back. I prayed, like I always did, for the blood of Jesus to cover me from head to toe, and every corner of my house. It couldn't calm me down, not even a bit.

Finally, I prayed for an angel to be by my side. I didn't know what else to ask for. I couldn't calm down, I tried for half an hour. I was tormented so bad I had to pluck up enough courage. I took up everything I had and opened my eyes. I rushed to my cellphone and called my sis (who is only a few doors away).

Sarah: Hello? (sounding pissed)
Me: Sarah, please come to my room and knock on my door.
Sarah: Huh? Why? Er.. Ok ok..

Time passed like what seemed like an eternity. Seconds that she took seemed like hours. And finally, there was that knock on the door. I rushed to it, opened it and shook in front of my sister. I grabbed my pillow, bolster, and blanket and rushed to her room for 'safety'. She took out a mattress for me, and I lay to rest, terrified and shaking.

I guess she was that angel. I wouldn't have been able to survive the night without her. Thanks rah rahz (my affectionate term for Sarah). It still took me quite a bit to sleep. I couldn't let go of the dark and shadowy figures in my mind. What were they doing there, standing still and not doing anything? Why did I fear even though I have the Prince of Peace with me? I don't know, and till now, I don't know how I'm going to survive tonight. I don't want a repeat of last night.

Lord, please. I don't know if that dream is from you or if it's from the Devil. All I pray is that you do not let this fear creep back into my life. I would rather be taken back home than to be tormented like this every night. I pray for peace Lord. Thank you Father.

If someone can provide me answers, I would appreciate it.

*sigh*