Friday, November 10, 2006

First To VivoCity, Then TCC Chalet

First of all, I want to apologise for the lack of updates. Lolx. I've had so much backlog that I didn't know where to start. Well, at least now I'm here blogging about what's been happening over the last few days.

Yay! I finally got the time to visit VivoCity. Yes, everyone has been there except me, and it was about time I did! I caught up with Mark to watch Flushed Away at GV, and wow the cinema was huge! We were lucky enough to get the back row and middle seats, in Cinema 1 - Max! Woohoo~! Oh yes, the leg space is so good! You can stretch out your legs straight without hitting the person in front of you. Lolx.

Hmm, and yes the place is huge. People who have a bad sense of direction should not try navigating their way around. It's simply too confusing. Even I, with ultra superb navigating skills, got lost finding GV. Lolx.

But at least I got there in time for the movie. I love GV, and do you know why? Because they start their shows 15 minutes from the specified time! So, people like me can catch everything without missing the start! Wahahaha!!

moi

mark

Lunch was good too! It's been a long time since I dined at Carl's, and it was a first for Mark. I still can't believe he's never had Carl's before. Lolx.

The portion is still as huge, the burgers still as delicious. I had a great meal. Oh oh, guess who sat at the table beside us? It was Sylvester. Yes, the runner-up for the first Singapore Idol. He was with his dad and sis. He looks much fresher now, with better grooming of course.

Oh yes, I have to put this photo up. It's so nice can!!

wahahaha

So, we walked around after lunch, and I am amazed by the scenery that greets you. You can see the merlion from Vivo, and there's this water-area where you can wet your legs. Perfect for couples who want to have fun (it happens a lot in tv dramas - you know.. when the gal and guy play with water?)

*roll eyes*

Oh, and there's even a playground. Kids would love to come to Vivo! Good marketing there.

not bad huh

So, that was my first trip to Vivo! Well, they'll be more to come because Church will be moving there! Wahahaha! The best thing is that I have a straight train down, and service will start later! Yayness!

TCC Chalet 2006

So, it was the evening after I went Vivo, and I was invited to a chalet organised by TCC CBJ! Whoa, I feel so honoured being invited even though I'm not working anymore. Heh. They must really love me alot.

For the first time in my life, I helped start the BBQ fire! Yay! I mean, I always go to BBQs, sit, and wait for food to arrive. I've always felt that people loved to cook the food, so might as well get them to help me with it. Hah. The last BBQ I had was some time back, music retreat 2005? Yea, such a long time ago..

the fire we started

Of course I didn't start it alone. I had a David helping me out. He's in the kitchen side, and he looks so different without his glasses. I couldn't recognise him till he said hi. Lolx.

22 year old chef

As soon as the fire got going, we were getting our tummies filled! The spread was fantastic. We had the usual - chicken wings, satay, prawn, potatoes etc. There were also a few that I've never seen on the BBQ pit before. Hash browns. Goodness.. Ham slices. =.=''

Lolx. But well, how can I be complaining when I'm having a ball of a time? Oh, and it was a nice surprise to see Zarifah after such a long time. She's my classmate's sister, and she looks so alike her sister.

such beauty

Ok guys, stop drooling already. Lolx. She's really really pretty, I have to say. It was a pity though, that she didn't stay long, but we sure had a nice chat. *evil grin*

While some of us were chatting, a group of 4 were play TaiTi. Yes, the game that every chalet has. At least now I know how it's played, unlike last time I didn't know a single thing.

Now now, what happens when the person with the most cards loses?

ta da!

He/She gets powdered by the other 3! Poor Kevlyn, everyone was so nasty to her. Well, I admit I was nasty too, not by powdering her, but by snapping her photos. Lolx.

hahahahaha

bwahahahaha

boooohooohooo.......

Hah. I got powdered too. Gragh. Better luck next time, I'm sure I'll improve at it. Lolx.

The night was still young when those who ended work at 11pm came over. After eating their fill, it was nearly 1am and no one was ready for bed.

Not wanting to sleep, 7 of us went out to Pasir Ris Park for some adventure. Lolx. We were there from 2.30am to 5am. Lolx.

We went to the maze (yes, there's a real one there), and found our way to the middle. Without lights, we relied on our mobile phones and the moonlight. Lolx. It took us a few wrong turns before we made it to the middle, and that's where I took a photo!

made it at last

Well, I have loads of other nice photos but I'm not going to upload all. Here's another of them lying on a structure and pointing up to the night morning sky. Lolx.

wishing wishing

Yup, that's all for now. For more photos from the chalet, I have them all uploaded to Shutterfly. To view all the photos, click here.

Alright, it's late and I'm off for DotA. Tomorrow I'm going to go out, and hopefully get some housework done. Take care everyone and drink loads of water alright? Byes!